Practice Policy Update Regarding COVID-19
After a long hiatus Mirabella Skin Care will be reopening on June 17th.
At Mirabella Skin Care we believe in resilience and hope.
We strongly feel that we will all come together and be united in this
fight. We want nothing more than to return to doing what we love most,
caring for your skin!
The trust that you give us is sacred and we intend to be the most
dedicated guardians of that trust. As we move toward reopening,
we have spent weeks preparing and educating ourselves about the
new guidelines for enhanced infection control and safety.
We would like to make you aware of the new COVID-related health
and safety precautions that we have instituted so that you know what
to expect at your next visit and we appreciate your cooperation:
- Clients in high risk and vulnerable groups such as advanced age or pre-existing medical conditions are advised to not get treatments until it is considered safe to do so.
- Appointments will be managed so that there is never more than one client at a time in the office.
- More time will be needed between clients to allow for enhanced infection control practices such as wiping down the treatment room and all touch surfaces after every client. This might mean you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment
- We will be performing temperature checks on ourselves before we leave home, when we enter the building, and again in the middle of the day
- If one of us has a fever of 100°F or higher, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle aches or new loss of taste or smell, Mirabella Skin Care will close until the practitioner has been tested for COVID-19 or quarantined for 14 days
- We will wear masks while in the office. And during your treatment we will also wear gloves and a face shield
- Before and after every interaction we will be thoroughly washing and sanitizing our hands
- We will change out of our clothing when we arrive at work and change into a fresh smock or apron between clients
- All surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected as soon as we arrive in the office, between clients, and at the end of the day
- You are required to wear a mask or face covering from the time you arrive at your appointment until you enter the treatment room, and put it back on after your treatment
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the office and you will be asked to use it when you enter the building
- We have installed air purifiers with UVC in the treatment room and retail/reception area
- When you arrive, you will be asked these basic screening questions and your temperature will be taken with a touchless thermometer:
Have you had any cold or flu symptoms in the past 3 days? Symptoms include cough, shortness of breath, fever, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell?
Have you traveled to any region known as a “hot spot” for COVID-19, in the last 14 days?
Have you come in contact with a person known to have COVID-19 in the last 14 days?”
If you have recently returned to the island for the season, have you self quarantined for 14 days?
- Once your treatment has begun, there will be little conversation, other than brief words exchanged about the treatment itself, your comfort level, etc.
- Please notify Mary-Brooke if you develop COVID-19 within 14 days of your last visit
- You will be notified immediately if there is a possibility you may have been exposed to COVID-19 while at Mirabella Skin Care
As you can see we are taking this very seriously and we ask that you be patient with the inconveniences. We will do everything possible to ensure your comfort and make your experience as relaxing as possible
Our official plan is posted at the front desk, and we are happy to answer any questions you may have.
We look forward to welcoming back all of our treasured clients, neighbors, and friends!